Writing never progresses without an audience. Writing, by nature, is meant to be shared and that is precisely what we aim to do. We foster the valuable link between artist and audience, so the author’s voice can be heard, and the literary hunger of the reader can be satisfied. We want work that displays creativity and passion, and that provides a fresh perspective to timeless themes. We are seeking submissions in the genres of fiction, non-fiction, essays, poetry, and photography (because we believe there is more than one way to tell a story). There’s so much untapped potential in the artistic world and we are eager to discover and share the work of both established and undiscovered writers and photographers who have crafted amazing stories that just beg to be told.
- Fiction: 5,000 word max. We love complex characters, narrative ambition, and imagination.
- Non-fiction: 5,000 word max. We crave feelings that resonate with us and read true to life.
- Essays: 5,000 word max. We are looking for current social commentary. We value the opinions of all and welcome a variety of subjects, but crude or bigoted pieces will not be tolerated.
- Flash: 700 word max. Short doesn’t mean dull. We expect every word to be vibrant, full of life, and leap off the page.
- Poetry: 3 page max. We want to be swooned.
- Submissions are accepted and published on a rolling basis.
- Accepts unsolicited submissions.
- Accepts electronic submissions only.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as we are notified immediately if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- An author may submit up to three pieces of flash fiction and poetry, but only one prose piece; we encourage everyone to submit only their best work, so please choose carefully. Authors who fail to abide by these limitations will be dropped from consideration. However, once an author receives a response, they may submit another piece. (And if you’re extra savvy and would like to submit a corresponding photo with your literary work, we would love to see what you got!)
- Photographers may submit up to five photos. Please include a brief description for each photo.
- Please submit a brief but insightful cover letter that details who you are as an artist and person, any significant accomplishments, and your artistic focus.
- All submissions must be double spaced.